Thursday 6 March 2014

A Blogger Interview with... | Holy Chic


 
Hi guys! Today I have something a little different and it is a Blogger Interview. I have been really busy lately needed a post just to keep the posts coming I guess and Zoe aka Beauty and the Blank offered to do an interview for my blog. If you would like to hop over to her blog afterwards then all links are embedded within the post.  I hope you enjoy this and, without further ado, let's get started!

 

Hi everyone I’m Zoe from www.beautyandtheblank.blogspot.co.uk, a predominantly beauty blog with a touch of lifestyle and fashion thrown in for good measure.

 

My favourite thing about blogging has got to be getting to speak to like minded people with the same interests in beauty as me. The beauty blogger scene is a lovely, supportive community and without blogging I wouldn't have the opportunity to be part of that. My least favourite thing about blogging is not getting to meet more of you in real life! How would I describe myself? Well, I’m passionate about all things beauty and makeup related, I love making people laugh, I’m currently studying at university in Scotland, and I make a mean smoothie in the morning.

 

Now, on to the real questions from the lovely Amira from holychic.blogspot.com...

 

What is your favourite kind of makeup product to wear?

It's got to be red lipstick, it's great on my pale skin and makes your teeth look lovely and white! I definitely hoard far too many red lipsticks.

 

You are only allowed to have three makeup/beauty products with you at all times, what would you have?

Oh god only 3?! This is hard. I'd need my deodorant, my Illamasqua Brow Cake in Vehment and some form of dry shampoo.

 

What products do you swear by?

I swear by my Estee Lauder Hydrationist Creme, Hydraluron, Illamasqua loose powder, Benefit Fake Up concealer and Nars blushes.

 

Do you like to repurchase your favourites or keep trying new things?

I always repurchase certain things like my moisturiser. I tend to try out more makeup products than skincare though as i've recently found a skincare routine that works for me.

 

What makeup/ beauty products are currently on your wish list?

The Narcissist eyeshadow palette, Aesop Parsley Sees Mask, the ENTIRE Dior Golden Winter collection, Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, Neom Candles - the list is endless!

 

How would you describe your style?

I am very much a skinny jeans and t-shirt kinda girl on the regular but usually jazz it up with some accessories. The main three things I will splurge a little more on: Coats, shoes and underwear.

 

What item in your wardrobe could you not live without?

Hmm, probably my North Face coat as I live in Scotland!

 

Do you prefer to splurge on one item or buy lots of items with the money you have?

I like to buy more than one item on a shopping trip, but will occasionally splurge if I can't go home without it!

 

Any style icons?

I have so many. Lana Del Rey, Dita von Teese and Olivia Palermo.

 

What fashion/accessory pieces are currently on your wish list?

The majority of Topshop and Zara are always on my wish list!

 

If you could have any blogger guest post on your blog, who would it be and why?

Estee from essiebutton or Kate from gh0stparties - because I trust their opinion, I love their blogs and think my blog focuses on similar content!

 

If you could go anywhere with anyone in the world, where and who would you go with?

I would go to Canada with my boyfriend, Stuart.

 

Any books you are currently reading or wanting to read?

I need to read more in general, my life has been taken over by university textbooks!

 

Describe your typical day

On a typical day I wake up and go make a smoothie, go to university, go to the gym, come home and blog!

 

When you are not blogging, what would we find you doing?

At the cinema, hanging out with Stuart, at the gym or out for dinner perhaps!

What are your most favourite posts to write?
Reviews. I love writing about products i've tried out for a while.

Have you/do you ever want to start a YouTube channel? If so, what kind of videos would you post?
I've thought about it, but I think i'm better at writing posts. I'd just start babbling on videos! If I did have a YouTube channel i'd probably do reviews, hauls, first impressions, cooking, fitness and tag videos.

What opportunities has blogging brought you?
I love having my little space on the internet. I get to speak to so many people in the blogging community and share my beauty babbling with them. It's nice as most of people I know aren't aware I write a beauty blog.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself or something your readers don’t already know about you

I have a cupboard overflowing with medals and trophies from dancing competitions throughout my life! I love dance.

Thank you to Amira for including me in her blogger interviews! You can find me at www.beautyandtheblank.blogspot.co.uk, on Twitter and Instagram @beautyblank and there's also a link to my bloglovin' on my blog.


See you guys with a new post really soon!

Byee

Stay chic - A x

 

 

 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! I'm exactly the same red lipstick is a staple for my pale skin
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it! and stay tuned for more interviews like this to come :)

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig