Tuesday 23 January 2018

5 years on the internet


I can’t believe 5 years ago I said to myself, I can do that too. Write about all of my favourite things after reading another person’s blog. Although my first post on this blog is not as far back I am saying, I have been through a lot with my blogging career if you will; from it being called (I can’t remember omg) to having 2 blogs one called I am the opportunist to then having holy chic to then being here, Amira 365 because I can only be me every single day of the year

As I have grown up within the industry, I have seen it change in such a rapid change that it left me behind and I am now forever playing catch up. To produce content like those more successful than me, to take photos like those more successful than me, to dress like those more successful than me and to be doing things that those more successful than me are doing. And a large part of me agrees with that. I want the personal photographer, the press trips, the pr stuff. All this materialistic stuff the confirms my status as a blogger. Strange right?


When I think about the title that is blogger, I feel like I haven’t earned it or better yet, I don’t have more than 10k followers to be able to use all of the cool additional features on Instagram yet still have to suffer with algorithm problems. But at the end of the day I am a blogger. Whether 1 person reads it or 100, I produce content for the internet. The only difference is that I really don’t make any money.

One of my resolutions this year is to work with more brands and collaborate and not with the mindset that this is what’s gonna get me even more money, but with networking outwards and not upwards being the aim. The blogging industry has become such a ruthless and cut-throat place that if you don’t fit this distinct blogger ideal, you’re out. But if you have something to say, you deserve to be heard, no matter how you lay your content out. I want to work with more brands to better myself as a person, an entrepreneur and a media creator, something that can better me in my non-internet life.


So, I have seen so many people come and go in the past five years and I think I may even be out in the next 5. But for now, I am trying. Trying to make it work and feel excited about this whole ordeal again. Its such a part of my life that it would feel silly to let it go because others don’t think I am adequate enough. So, here’s to the next year…or two. We’ll see what happens. Above all, thank you to the few of you for the continued support. It means more than you will ever know and keeps me coming back to blogging year after year.

Stay woke folks x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig