Friday 16 February 2018

I took a week off from life | Amsterdam Diaries

Last week I packed my bags and went off to visit my friend who is studying in Amsterdam for the semester. Initially, I was only going to go for a long weekend as it was going to be her birthday. But as I toyed with the idea of staying for a whole week, I realised this was just what I needed. I have spoken about this before, but I really thrive on my own independence and being in new places and finding energy in new places. Sometimes we all need a break from life and this was mine, just before the real uni work was to begin.

As I was there for two days, I realised, this is exactly what I needed. Time away from everything, to figure out where I was heading, what I wanted to do with my final term and almost to come up with a strategy for my final months as a student. Alas, I took a week off but I didn’t stop checking my emails, searching for jobs etc. because lets be real, we cant completely stop everything for a week.

If you didn't know already, Amsterdam is fast becoming one of my favourites cities for a quick getaway. its very easy to get to, flights can be really cheap and its such a vibrant city; really multi cultural, great food, lots of quaint little places and great in the arts, culture and architecture department. Amsterdam also houses many historical and touristic spots such as the Anne Frank house, the van gogh museum, the Jewish quarters and the red light district. If you are looking for your next getaway, take a peek at Amsterdam. You wont be disappointed.

Places visited on all trips that i recommend: Anne Frank house, van gogh museum, red light districk, banksy exhibition, foam photography museum, jewish quarters, rijk museum, vondell park, a'dam lookout, foodhallen, flower market

Because I have been to Amsterdam twice before, I didn’t take as many pictures as this first two times but, I think this time I just used it as an opportunity to soak up every moment there. So here are a few pics from my trip and a video at the end. I hope you enjoy!




Stay woke folks x



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig