Sunday 15 April 2018

Eat wise, Revise | Rice and lentil bowl

Hey guys, welcome back to the blog. Today I am bringing another recipe post and video in collaboration with Co-op. this month’s theme was ‘eat wise, revise’ and I had the perfect recipe in mind to share with you guys. One that I make all the time when I know I have lots of work going on and I just won’t have the time to think about lots of different meals to make. This is my rice and lentil bowl recipe



For this you will need:
Rice of your choice (I eat the uncle bens wholegrain and quinoa rice)
Lentils
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Sweet potato mash
Onions
1 or 2 eggs
To season:
Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic salt, garlic granules, canola oil

You wanna start by heating your chopped tomatoes in a pot with a little bit of olive oil. To it, add some balsamic vinegar (1tbsp), brown sugar (2tsps), salt and pepper and that should take about 5 to 7mins to heat through. once done, add to a bowl that you can place in the fridge to go back to.

Then you can start on the onions. Heat those in a pan and add 2tsps of brown sugar at a time (4 in total) and caramelise the onions. Once that is done, you can add some in a bowl to eat now and some into tupperware for later

Then heat some of your sweet potato mash in the microwave and your rice and lentils whilst you prepare everything else

Now we can add our rice and lentils to that same pot and heat that through and season with canola oil, salt, pepper and paprika and make sure that is all mixed through. That should take about 5 to 7 mins.
Then add all the ingredients we have made so far into a plate and that creates the base of the bowl. 

For some added protein, I’m going to cook to egg whites in a pan, season with pepper and garlic salt and add over the top.

And that’s it, seems like a lot of steps at first but it all lasts about 3 to 4 meals and is super easy to just heat up and make and egg to go on the top. I am super swamped with uni work atm so these ingredients are already on my list to get again next week.

Let me know some of your favourite foods to get you through those busy weeks below 😊

As always, there is a video to accompany this so if you want to make it along with me, check it out below!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig