Wednesday 8 January 2014

NEW SERIES ALERT! | Buy and Try: January | Holy Chic


Hey guys!

So I am really excited for this. Are you? Are you enticed yet? No? Eh well now you can get excited with me because I am starting a new series on my blog called Buy and Try. This is where every month I will go out (or over the course of the month) and find products that I really want to try. Then in the next post, I will show you some new things that I picked up to try and review the things that I tried in the month before. Does that make sense to you? If not let me know and I will try and do a better explanation for you guys.

So don’t be alarmed if you have seen some of these things before. I couldn’t wait to start using them so I already tried them. Oops!

So let us begin with this wonderful series
 

1.       This is the Victoria’s Secret fragrance mist in Mango Temptation. In my 2013 favourites post (which you will see in the next postJ) you will see that mine are almost finished so I wanted to pick up a new one just to treat myself. It smells really yummy and can’t wait to put it permanently in my getting ready routine. This was £6.99.

2.       Next is the Oh My Gem glitter nail polish by Miss Sporty. This just looked so glitzy and glam and I just couldn’t leave it in the shop. (I told you I had shopping problems). This is in the number/shade 001 and I just can’t wait to tell you guys all about it. (hehe I have already worn in. You would know this if you saw my New Years Eve get ready with me). This was £1.99.

3.       This is a nail enamel dryer by DeMert. I am so impatient when it comes to painting my nails and I hate waiting for them to dry and not being able to do anything because they need to dry, I suck at painting my nails and yet I love the look of long painted nails. I invested a whole £2.99 in this product. I have used something like this before in a nail salon and it worked then so I am hoping it works now.

4.       Everyone goes on about the L’Oreal 3 in 1 purifying lotion thingy or whatever it’s called. Everyone says how good it is and how it’s a great dupe for Bioderma (which I have yet to try) and I saw it on sale in Superdrug and just gave in. It seems to do a lot of great things so I will let you guys know if I am one of the 99% that like it tooJ. This is normally I think £4.99 but I paid like £3.20 for it or something along those lines.

5.       Next is the Tresemme ultra fine hairspray. I have needed a good hairspray for the longest time and I have used tresemme products before and I like their products. I want something that won’t leave my hair sticky or hard. I got this in the 99p store so I’m not entirely sure how much it is at normal price.

6.       Next is the Simple Revitalising Under Eye Roll On. Ever since moving up the education ladder, I was lacking a lot of sleep and I noticed my eyes were getting really dry and I had a lot of dark circles. I invested in the Derma V10 one but I don’t feel like it did anything for me anymore and then I bought this. I hope it does a better job than the last one. Also i have sensitive skin so this is definitely a great product. I again bought this in the sale so it was round £3.50.

7.       This is another palmers product but it is a concentrated hand cream. I currently use a travel size one but I wanted to try one especially for my hands. I talk so highly of palmers products and I just can’t wait to try it out. Again I bought this in the 99p store but I think it is normally priced at around £2.

8.       I have had a little bit of a cleansing wipe obsession from the end of 2013 till now and I just keep buying them. So these are the tea tree cleansing wipes which was a twin pack for 99p. Tea tree is supposed to have spot clearing agents which is a must for me so I can’t wait to start wiping my spots away. (I’m sorry I’m typing on like 3 hours sleep at the moment. getting a little delusional)

9.       Now this little brush is a shocker to see. If you didn’t know already, I don’t wear any sort of face makeup and on like special occasions I will wear some eyeshadow and possibly some lipstick. So brushes aren’t that necessary for my. But I am done with using sponge applicators so i put my money out, a whole £1.99 I think, and bought a Royal shader brush. I don’t go too crazy with eyeshadow colours and blending and all that jazz so this was right up my alley.

10.   And last but certainly not least, this is the Argan Oil Heat Defence Leave In Spray. I need to start being more careful with my hair and protect it and reduce those split ends. So I spent 99p on this and argan oil is a really hyped up about product and I thought I would give it a try for myself and to see if it agrees with my hair. I can’t wait to start using this.

 

So that is the end of January’s Buy and try. But be sure to come back next month to see how I got on with these products and when I will be trying out for February. Or you could just follow me via bloglovin. That would make your life easier and me very happy

Have you tried anything out recently? Let me know in the comments J

 

If you guys have any products that you think I should try out for an up and coming buy and try post, tell me in the comments so I can go and see what they are like

Thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoyed and let me know if you like this new series and I will continue to do it for you guys J


Most recent YouTube video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3MJ8htvWJA  


 See you guys with a new post really soon!

Byee
Stay Chic - A xx
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig