Sunday 2 February 2014

333 days to go | Holy Chic


Hey guys!

(All the text is aligned to the left so this might be a hint that it is a more serious post.)

Okay so let me explain. I am not dead and I know I have been absent from my blog and twitter account for an unforgiveable amount of time but let me explain. Plus blogging and school are full time ‘’jobs’’ which I am not getting paid for so it does take up a lot of my time.

I had mocks during the times I had a lot of posts to upload and I was trying to revise and write and edit blog posts at the same time and when my mocks were finished I just kind of collapsed (not literally) and just took a long overdue break. I abandoned blog posts scheduled to go up and just took some me time. That’s okay right? Being on this break, I didn’t even acknowledge the fact that one year ago on the 25th January, I actually made a blogger account. I didn’t really start then but I made the account and began the long journey of attempting to blog something interesting for you guys to read.

I have currently been surviving on around 5-6 hours sleep a night which I know is bad but as long as I am awake during school, I’m fine.

So how have you guys been? I have been watching way to many TV shows like American Horror Story which btw is fricking amazing and I highly recommend it, The Tomorrow People, The Carrie Diaries and just so many more. What have you guys been watching recently? Tell me in the comments.

So today I thought I would do a bit of an update post and just a reflection on January which has gone which I must say went way too quickly and I don’t even remember what happened at the beginning of it. This post was a little bit unplanned but I think it’s time we all got a little bit up to speed so brace yourselves guys; I’m just going to dive right in

1.       Blogging! I feel like I have expressed many times my love for blogging and why I do it essentially. It is something that I have developed a passion for and I couldn’t just give up on it now. There were very many times last year when I did just want to wait or give up but it was amazing people that left me such amazing comments and I knew it was something that I wanted to keep on doing. I feel like I am in this for the long run and I don’t know where I would be right now if I hadn’t started blogging

2.       Links. I always leave my links to all of my social media sites at the end of every post so you guys can interact more with me. I think the newest edition to those links is my Facebook page. I do really need to make a more conscious effort to update that page but I do have one now by request so if you want to go and like my Facebook page you can do so here: Facebook!. Also I am considering making an instagram account for my blog but I am not sure if I want to or if I will ever use it or if it is even a good idea to have. So if you think I should make one or if it is a good idea, please please please let me know in the comments so I can get started on that J.  Other links which will now be featured on the end of blog posts is my Student Fashion Blog page  account and my Grabble Page . These links are again new editions and I will go into more detail about both of those another time but if you click the link, I am sure that it is pretty self explanatory.  And all my other links which are as usual will be linked here:


3.       Where I am follower wise. Okay today I reached 100 followers via bloglovin and I am so thankful for you guys and I really appreciate it. I hope you guys enjoy the many more posts to come and enjoy this journey I embark on throughout the year. Never in a million years did I think that I would ever have that many people interested in following me and wanting to read my blog. So if you would like to follow me, you can do so here. I may have a giveaway in store for you guys. (nothing is for definite as I don’t have the most amount of money but I will try my very hardest to get something to thank you guysJ)

4.       Working with brands. I feel like January has also been a really good month for me so far I have had the chance to write a post for Paul Fredrick and if you missed that post, it will be linked here. Also, Senzimi were kind enough to send me some samples so I am going to be doing a review on the products they sent me. IT HAS BEEN COMING FOR A REALLY LONG TIME I KNOW BUT IT WILL BE UP THIS MONTH! I PROMISE J I DONT KNOW WHY I AM WRITING IN CAPITALS. I WILL STop now J . I would love to work with more brands in the future and I love love love working with brands. My email address is holychiccontact@gmail.com if you do want to contact me about something or just to send a friendly message J

5.       I am apart of ... ! So if you didn’t know already, I am apart of Fashion February where once a week there will be a theme post for the entire month. There are so many of us taking part that at the end of each of those type of posts (or maybe a separate one) I will link everyone I know that is a part of it. Follow me via Bloglovin to stay up to date with those posts or use the hastag #FahionFebruary to be involved on twitter or to ask questions. Secondly, I am also going to start writing for the Student Fashion Blog once a month so I just wanted to let you know that sometimes if I am not on my blog, I will be over there which I will always link my most recent posts from there at the end of my regular blog posts.

6.       Advertising! I would love to start doing free advertising because I think it’s a great way to get more exposure to other bloggers. But of course there are some conditions that are to be followed as this is a free service. I will try to do a post on my advertisers of the month but if I don’t get round to it, I will briefly mention you at the end of one or several blog posts. Your blog will be advertised for one month and then your e.g. button will be taken down. Also in return you could tweet me as a #ff or advertise my blog on yours. I don’t know when I am going to start this but if you are interested in this, tweet me, leave a comment below or you can email meJ

7.       Guest posts. Guest posts was an absolute fail for me last year and I really want to get back into it this year because it is a really great experience for me. If you would like to do a guest post for me or vice versa, again you can let me know in the comments, via twitter or you can email meJ.

8.       My Buy and Try Series. I had such amazing feedback from you guys about this series of mine and don’t worry, Februarys post will be up in a few days or so. However because I was so caught up in how I wanted this series to be, I forgot this is the year I wanted to begin saving. So I just wanted to let you know that sometimes there may not be a post with new products that I am trying and just a review of the previous products or even a post at all or a post with very minimal products. (It hurts to have to tell you guys thisL) so that is just a heads up but I am going to try and keep it up for you guys. If you missed Januarys buy and try post, you can go and check that out here before the next post comes up J

9.       Post ideas and bloggers block. I have a tonne of posts planned for you guys and yet I sometimes still get bloggers block. I am going to be making a post about how to beat it so stay tuned for that post. Also for scheduling posts, this will only really happen when I am super busy but at times I don’t want to be creatively restricted so most of the time I will just post when I feel like it but I will always let you guys know in advance when I am posting on twitter. I have come up with new spur of the moment post ideas like Today’s Treats which I throw in when I really haven’t got anything to post. Yes I do have post ideas but I also want to hear from you guys what kind of posts you would like you see or you want me to do more of. So let me know in the comments some post ideas.

10.   And finally school. I have always told you guys that my education is my top priority and it does come before blogging and I cannot let it get in the way of my school. I write a lot of my posts in advance which helps but sometimes I fall behind. Know that I haven’t abandoned blogging I have just put school first. I hope you guys are okay with this and understand.

MY LAUNCH OF SOMETHING TUMBLR THEMED IS COMING REALLY SOON I PROMISE. I KNOW I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE LAST YEAR BUT I AM GETTING THERE AND IT IS COMING SOONER THAN YOU THINK. THERE ARE JUST SOME THINGS THAT I WANT TO TWEAK BUT ITS COMING I PROMISE. PLEASE PLEASE JUST HANG ON IN THERE AND IT IS COMING! But I cannot promise that I will be on it all of the time but I will try my very hardest to keep it updated. There is a fun coloured logo on the side of this post which gives you a sneak peek into what it is about so click it because I promise you won’t regret it J -->

And finally (I promise you this is the last point I have to make) I would love it if you guys could give me some feedback by filling out this quick survey I made. I know that it can be a drag but I really want to make better quality content for you guys and only you know what you want to see from me. So please take this opportunity to help me out by filling out this relatively quick survey. Click here à https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XMRWMJS

Okay I think that is it for today and I think I have taken up enough of your time. I just wanted to do this so you guys know what to expect from me in a bit more detail and also where I am life wise and blogging etc. I hope you enjoyed just a bit more of a casual post this week and I will see you guys with a new post really soon J I feel like there is so much I have forgotten to share with you guys but if there is, look out for a mid month update or maybe I will start doing monthly update posts. how does that sound?


Check out my new series post before the next instalment is live: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/new-series-alert-buy-and-try-january.html

Most recent YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3MJ8htvWJA 

Please go and check out my social media sites here:
Youtube account
Twitter!
Contact me:
holychiccontact@gmail.com
My Polyvore Account
Follow me via Bloglovin
Holy Chic Tumblr
Pinterest
Facebook!
follow me on my Grabble page (having some technical issues but stuff will be on there soon
J): https://www.grabble.co.uk/user/index/user/Amira
Student fashion blog profile:
http://studentfashionblog.co.uk/author/amiraw/  The first post I did for them is live soon J
Keep up with the #FashionFebruary talk on twitter here:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fashionfebruary&src=typd
and the survey link again in case you didn’t catch it mid-way through the post à https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XMRWMJS

See you guys with a new post really really soon soon!

Byee

Stay chic -  A x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig